A woman may have eaten the worst salad in her life after realizing that the lettuce used in preparing the salad had a dead lizard in it. She realized this after taking a few bites off the salad.
The woman from Kittery, Maine, United States of America, says she realized after a couple of bites that her fork was stuck in a 3-inch lizard, minus the tail, reports AP.
After vomiting and getting over her shock, Michelle Carr, a nurse from Kittery, said she feared she could have ingested harmful bacteria. A biologist friend believes she found a blue-bellied lizard from California.
Carr said she bought a bag of store-brand romaine lettuce at a supermarket in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
The lettuce was distributed by a California company. A supermarket spokeswoman said it notified the supplier.
Carr also called the state Health Department. A spokesman said because the lettuce was packaged and shipped from another state, any investigation would be conducted by the Food and Drug Administration.